Are you a member of the NFPA Industrial Fire Protection Section (IFPS)? Are you interested in industrial fire protection? If so, then join us at the IFPS Business Meeting, Tuesday, June 23, from 12:30 - 2:00 pm in Room N227b. Hear from the Board and other members about the various activities in support of industrial fire protection. The agenda includes the following items:
- Recognition for members of the Illiana Chapter
- Award ceremony for the IFPS Fire Prevention Week winners
- Review of items from June 21 Board meeting
- Election of Board Officers and Directors
- Challenges in Storage, Fire Control and Suppression - Matt Klaus, NFPA
- Update on Hazardous Chemicals/Materials Storage, Handling and Use topics - Guy Colonna, NFPA
So, if you are a member, or if you are looking to collaborate with fire safety professionals whose focus is on industrial occupancies and processes, consider joining us for the meeting. Lunch is provided, and the meeting provides a great opportunity to network with like-minded professionals while you hear about the work the Section accomplishes each year in support of NFPA's mission and vision. I will be there - will you?
For more information about the Section, you also can check out the Section Booth, 380, at the Expo and speak with Board members to learn how to join the over 3700 IFPS members.