The April issue of Fire Break, NFPA’s wildland fire newsletter, is available for viewing. In this issue, you’ll find:
- News about a number of communities using Firewise principles to address the challenge of downed trees and debris, that can turn into fire fuel, left by recent tornadoes
- A story about Staten Island’s fight with an invasive weed that is being blamed for an increased number of brush fires along the coast
- An announcement about the newest member of the Wildland Fire Operations Division, Cathy Prudhomme
- The names of the winners of the Firewise Plants Calendar Photo Contest
- Sparky’s new earth-smart activity checklist, that also helps keep homes and property safer from wildfire
… And lots more! Sign up today! It's free, informative and will keep you up to date on the latest news and information on mitigating your wildfire risk to take back to your communities, organization or fire house.