The June issue of Fire Break, NFPA’s wildland fire newsletter, is available for viewing. In this issue, you’ll find:
- A recap of the Fire Adapted Communities initiative launch in Washington, D.C.
- A link to the Firewise Mapper, an interactive tool that allows users to find recognized communities across the U.S., and help residents learn where wildfires are burning
- An update on the 2012 wildfire season and the reasons why forecasters predict more activity this year
- Information about the 2013 Backyards & Beyond Wildland Fire Education Conference, and a look back at our successful 2011 event
- Details on an upcoming wildfire safety webinar presented by the Sonoran Institute and Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, and featuring Michele Steinberg
Sign up today to receive Fire Break each month via e-mail. It's free and will keep you up to date on the latest news and information on mitigating your wildfire risk to take back to your communities, organization or fire house.