Join [Sunset Magazine | http://www.sunset.com/], a California lifestyle magazine, NFPA, and a host of other organizations for an informative hour-long wildfire Twitter chat tomorrow, Wednesday, September 17, at 11:00 AM PDT/2:00 PM ET. The discussion will center around wildfires in the west and what residents can do to help reduce their risk. Please follow us at #SunsetChat.
!http://nfpa.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8351b9f3453ef01b7c6e13108970b-320wi|src=http://nfpa.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8351b9f3453ef01b7c6e13108970b-320wi|alt=Chat|style=margin: 0px 5px 5px 0px;|title=Chat|class=asset asset-image at-xid-6a00d8351b9f3453ef01b7c6e13108970b img-responsive!Some of the questions we'll address include:
* What are the three most important things you should do to help reduce the damage caused by wildfires?
* How do you create a lawn and garden that is fire safe, but still look beautiful?
* What are some rules around fire-safe camping?
And so much more ...
Won't you join us? Join in the conversation tomorrow as we share lessons learned, provide support and guidance, and look for ways to continue helping each other create safer, more fire adapted communities ! Here's who will be joining us:
- Mother Jones
- Oregon Department of Forestry
- USDA Forest Service
- KQED (California)
- Natural Resources Defense Council