Just out late last week, the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) announced its recipients for the 2015 Wildfire Emergency Medical Service Awards. This annual awards program, sponsored by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group's Incident Emergency Medical Subcommittee (EMS), recognizes and honors individuals and/or organizations who have demonstrated outstanding work, actions or programs in emergency medical service for our country's wildland firefighters.
The winners were selected from five Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Award categories:
* Outstanding Wildfire EMS Individual of the Year
* Outstanding Wildfire EMS Squad/Crew/Team of the Year
* Outstanding Wildfire EMS Distinguished Service of the Year
* Excellence in Wildfire Emergency Medical Service/Rescue
* Lifetime Achievement in Wildfire Emergency Medical Service
Learn more about the award and find out who the 2015 Wildfire Emergency Medical Service Award winners are!