If you've visited Firewise.org in the last couple of days, you probably noticed that it looks a little different. We are excited to share that our new and refreshed website is live and now housed under NFPA.org. Our goal with this new website is to provide visitors an easier way to learn about Firewise USA™ and quicker access to tools and resources to assist in wildfire risk reduction.
There are many reasons to update, here are a few of ours:
- Building a cohesive and highly recognizable brand - Firewise USA is a part of NFPA, and while our audience might vary a little bit from the traditional NFPA stakeholder, we share the same values:
- Our vision - We are the leading global advocate for the elimination of death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards.
- Our mission - To help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion.
- Improved content - the old website served us well for many years, but much of the content was not in step with current research and recommendations. The migration allowed us to drop old material and bring in new graphics and information based on current science and research.
- Better user experience - with changes to navigation, an expanding sidebar and "In this section" links, finding items should be easier. We've also improved the structure of our content so you'll get more from a quick read.
Important things to note - www.firewise.org will still work! If you have this link bookmarked you won't need to change a thing. We are in the process of redirecting many of our other URLs, however not all will be carried over. If you have other pages saved or linked from website, I would encourage you to explore the new pages and update your URLs.
We hope you like the changes, and if you have any feedback, please email email@example.com