You can apply for a great opportunity to get $500 dollars to use on the project of your choice so that you, those you love, and the things you care about are safer from wildfire. With generous support from State Farm®, the National Fire Protection Association is again offering the opportunity to apply for one of 150 awards of $500 to complete a Wildfire Community Preparedness Day project on May 4, 2019.
It is so easy to apply using our simple online form. Did you know that almost anyone living in the U.S. and the U.S. Territories can apply? You don’t need to have non-profit status. Young people between the ages of 13 and 18 can apply with a guardian’s permission. So who else can apply?
2. Members of Firewise USA® sites, Fire Adapted Communities networks or Fire Safe Councils
3. Young people completing community service projects, Eagle Scout requirements or 4-H projects
4. Seniors who need help with wildfire safety clean-up work around their homes and in their yards
5. Fire departments supporting neighborhood wildfire safety efforts
6. Faith-based groups
7. Tribal organizations
8. Volunteer groups
9. Any group of neighbors who want to make their community safer from wildfire
Don’t wait! The application period closes on March 1st, and you want to give yourself plenty of time to craft a winning application. You don’t have to win a funding award to participate on the day! Be a part of creating homes, neighborhoods, towns, and cities that are safer from wildfire this year! Make sure to check out the Wildfire Community Preparedness Day page for resources that can help you, including a how-to video on YouTube, project ideas and more.
Photo of State Farm representatives assisting at Wildfire Community Preparedness Day event taken by Faith Berry, NFPA.