The Firewise USA renewal deadline is fast approaching. We can’t wait to hear what your site has accomplished in wildfire risk reduction this year!
This year’s renewal deadline is November 15th, 2019. In order for you site to remain a participant in good standing with the program next year you will need to complete the renewal criteria. Please Note: sites that became recognized for the first time in 2019 do not need to renew.
Here’s some tips to help you along the process:
1. Logging into the system: The renewal application is online and you will need to log-in to get to your community profile. Make sure you can log-in at: portal.firewise.org. If you forget your password, you can use the “forgot password” link underneath the log-in button. If you are continuing to have trouble, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Check to make sure your community contact address is up-to-date: This will be on the first page of your renewal application and the address provided is where your renewal certificate will be sent. If you provide us with a P.O. Box, we will use it when sending items through the US Postal Service.
3. Add another resident leader contact: You can add another resident leader contact if you have another resident who you want to have access to your application and the ability to update it. To add someone, click into the renewal application or go to your site dashboard. In both places, you’ll find a “Manage Contacts” button. You can add a send resident leader by inputting their email address. If they don’t have a log-in account set up, the system will send them an email inviting them to set up an account.
4. The information you will need to provide: You will need to provide information about your 2019 educational event and 2019 risk reduction investment information. We are looking for information on what your community did during the calendar year. For more information on this, visit our renewal resources webpage.
5. Tool for risk reduction investment: If you need help collecting investment information from community members, consider using the volunteer hourly worksheet. You can have residents turn them into you and then total up the work by inputting it into the renewal application.
6. Submit early: If you have reached the minimum amount needed to complete your renewal, you can submit it early. It will be frozen while it is under review, but once it is approved you can go back and add more information until the end of the year.
We listened to your feedback from last year and made small updates to the portal to make it easier for you to use. You can view a short walk through video of the renewal application on our renewal resources webpage. If you have questions, email us at email@example.com.