This year, let's do more than resolve or talk about trying to create communities that are safer in the event of a wildfire. Let’s take steps to make a difference. My daughter shared with me a beautiful saying by First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
We can not only dream bigger about wildfire safety this year - we can act. Research has proven that simple, low-cost steps can improve the survivability of neighborhoods and homes, and help protect those we love. So, let’s get started making that dream of communities that can survive wildfire come true! Be a part of the movement to create cities, neighborhoods, people, and pets that are safer from wildfires. Here’s how anyone in any neighborhood can get started to be a part of the solution:
- Participate in a Wildfire Community Preparedness Day project individually or as a group.
- Apply for $500 for a wildfire safety project starting on Tuesday, January 7th. The application opens at 8 am ET - it's easy!
- Check out past success stories for project ideas to help you plan your own project.
- Check out information about home improvement project guidelines that can work on any residence.
- Check out a survivor’s story to learn that wildfire safety preparations can help you survive a wildfire.
You can be a part of changing your world today. Use NFPA’s free resources and the opportunity to apply for funding for a wildfire safety project with generous support from State Farm. In 2020, may our dreams of wildfire safety become a reality!