Unsure how to join the many safety advocates taking action during North America's first Home Fire Sprinkler Day? Don't fret. Whether planning a citywide event or simply alerting your social media contacts about the day, your participation will be a crucial component to Sprinkler Day's success. If you haven't yet planned an event for Saturday, May 19, here are some ideas:
- Host a side-by-side live burn/fire sprinkler demonstration. Use the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition's free resource for assistance
- Conduct a fire department open house featuring fire sprinkler information and a sprinkler riser display
- Initiate a media event/walk-through of a sprinklered home in your community. Use our news release templates
- Dedicate a training session to your fire department staff on the myths and facts of home fire sprinklers
- Spearhead a social media campaign demanding local legislators and decision makers address local fire problem/support sprinklers. Use our social media cards and sample, social media posts
- Write letters to the editor or op-eds using our templates that help underscore your local fire problem and fire sprinkler laws or lack thereof
Please join us in taking action for this important event. If we can offer any additional assistance, please let us know.