With nearly 40 educational initiatives occurring across North America and one in Europe, the 2019 Home Fire Sprinkler Week has been deemed a success. Through social media, video, local community events, and more, advocates took action to raise awareness about the lifesaving benefits of sprinklers. Here is just a sampling of some of the Home Fire Sprinkler Week activities that took place:
- The Wisconsin Fire Sprinkler Coalition hosted a live side-by-side burn to demonstrate the power of fire and home fire sprinklers to more than 150 people at Madison’s annual Brat Fest.
- As part of a live burn/sprinkler demonstration in Edmonton, Alberta, sprinkler advocates, including members of the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition – Canada, used eye-catching graphics to dispel some of the common myths about home fire sprinklers.
- In New York, the Oneida Fire Department showed Otto Shortell Middle School students just how quickly flashover can occur and how home fire sprinklers can save lives.
- The Texas Fire Sprinkler Coalition and Honolulu Hawaii Fire Department produced creative and informative videos about home fire sprinklers.
- NFPA joined United States Deputy Fire Administrator Dr. Denis Onieal, and Massachusetts Deputy State Fire Marshal Maribel Fournier and others for a Home Fire Sprinkler Week media event in Quincy, Massachusetts.
A big thank you to everyone who played a part in making this Week a success. To view more photos from events that took place, we invite you to visit the Home Fire Sprinkler Week photo gallery on Facebook. If you have photos from your event, please send them to