Registration is now open for the “2nd Annual Electric Vehicle Safety Standards Summit” on Tuesday and Wednesday 27-28 September 2011 in Detroit, MI. The two day meeting will be held at the Marriott Detroit Renaissance Center Hotel, 400 Renaissance Drive, Detroit, MI. Similar to last year’s successful Summit, this year’s event is again co-hosted by NFPA and SAE International. We’re also pleased to welcome our key note speaker, Robert C. Lange, Principal and Group Vice President of Exponent, Inc.
This year’s Summit will address the following topics:
- What’s new with vehicles and batteries
- Trends in the EV marketplace
- A successful EV fleet case study
- EV charging infrastructure and the NEC
- A case study of an actual EV related emergency event
- Concerns for indirect EV issues such as bulk battery storage and transportation
A summary report of last year's Summit is available on the Foundation’s website.
If you’re a safety representative for vehicle and equipment manufacturers, a fire protection specialist, a member of an electrical safety organization and/or an emergency responder, or part of a governmental entity at the federal, state and local level involved in enhancing consumer safety and interagency communications, you don’t want to miss this important summit.
Please join us. We hope to see you there!