The NFPA Standards Council acted on the issuance of the Annual 2011 documents along with considering several appeals at its August 9-10, 2011 meeting.
Some of the NFPA Standards Council decisions have been issued and include the following documents:
- NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- NFPA 90A, Standard for the Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilating Systems
- NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code
- NFPA 204, Standard for Smoke and Heat Venting
- NFPA 664, Standard for the Prevention of Fires and Explosions in Wood Processing and Woodworking Facilities
- NFPA 704, Standard System for the Identification of the Hazards of Materials for Emergency Response
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.