The Rolf H. Jensen Memorial Public Education Grant is presented annually to a local fire department to support a fire and life safety education community-wide program or campaign.
It provides a $5,000 grant to one local fire department to support a community-wide fire and life safety education program or campaign. Funded by the RJA Group, the grant is open to any fire department (career or volunteer) located in the United States or Canada.
- Demonstration of a plan to implement a community-wide fire and life safety program/campaign.
- Clearly stated goals and objectives.
- Staffing assigned to implement the program/campaign.
- A 1-page final report, including an overview of the project, number of people reached, media coverage, life saves, etc., must be received at NFPA by December 28, 2012.
- $5,000 to support the implementation and evaluation of the fire and life safety education program/campaign.
- Commemorative plaque.
- Recipient’s name inscribed on the Rolf H. Jensen Memorial Public Education Grant winners’ plaque displayed at NFPA headquarters.
If your department is interested in applying for the Rolf H. Jensen Public Education Grant, submit an Application by February 3, 2012.