!http://nfpa.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8351b9f3453ef0162fe2426d8970d-320wi|src=http://nfpa.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8351b9f3453ef0162fe2426d8970d-320wi|alt=Educator of the Year|style=margin: 0px 0px 5px 5px;|title=Educator of the Year|class=asset asset-image at-xid-6a00d8351b9f3453ef0162fe2426d8970d!Let’s celebrate fire and life safety educators! Educators are key to the success of NFPA’s programs. That’s why[ NFPA’s “Educator of the Year” Award | http://www.nfpa.org/itemDetail.asp?categoryID=204&itemID=37490&URL=Training/Scholarships,%20awards,%20grants/For%20public%20educators/Fire%20and%20Life%20Safety%20Educator%20of%20the%20Year] is so important. It gives educators the recognition they deserve for playing the lead role in making their communities safer.
We are looking for fire and life safety educators who:
- work for a local fire department.
- use NFPA materials in a consistent and creative way.
- demonstrate excellence and innovation, reaching out to the community with NFPA materials.
- view NFPA as the source for safety information.
The "Educator of the Year" receives:
- $1,000 honorarium.
- Travel to Las Vegas in June 2012 for an award presentation at the opening general session of the NFPA annual conference.
The local fire department receives:
- $1,000 donation to support public education activities.