The FPRF and NFPA are hosting a summit to provide advanced knowledge and insight into the emerging demographic and environmental issues facing the health care field as it relates to safety codes and standards. The one-day Health Care Summit “National Trends in Delivery of Health and Long-Term Care: Implications for Safety codes and Standards” will be held at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor, in Baltimore, Md., March 28, 2012, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The event is being sponsored by The Hulda B. & Maurice L. Rothschild Foundation.
The program content was developed for professionals with a need to stay current on emerging trends in the health and long-term industry. It will preview the shape of things to come as NFPA’s Health Care Summit explores the dynamic trends in the health care industry and how they may impact NFPA codes and standards.
Register now for a full day of compelling educational sessions led by nationally recognized industry experts addressing the following Issues:
- Emerging trends in long-term care
- Hospital space planning: current methods, approaches and trends
- Nursing care and residential board and care facilities
- Fire safety challenges in memory care units: patient elopement and other issues
- Update on Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI) guidelines and impact on fire safety: minimum lighting levels and other issues
- Emergency planning: A case study in hospital planning: the Joplin, Mo. tornados and rebuilding efforts of the St. John’s Regional Medical Center
To register, and for more information, visit nfpa.org/hcsummit or call NFPA at +1 800 344-3555