Read the NFPA Standards Council preliminary minutes to see the results of the items addressed at its meeting on March 5-6 at the Marriott in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
At its meeting, the Council considered some of the following items:
- an appeal regarding the issuance of a TIA to NFPA 80
- considered recent report on the use of antifreeze in non-residential sprinkler systems
- the issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 13D, 30B, 51A, 75
- reviewed and considered new projects
- the issuance of Fall 2011 Consent documents
- considered requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.