NFPA is currently looking to hire an Associate Fire Protection Engineer. The person in this position will provide technical support to assigned projects. They will work under close supervision and within clearly defined guidelines as established by the NFPA Regulations Governing Committee Projects, as well as serve as a junior technical advisor to the Department projects.
Principle responsibilities include;
- Standards Council and Codes and Standards Administration activities– Manages basic technical activities and projects throughout document development process, serving to provide technical assistance with compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process. Assists Division Manager to review agendas, gather missing agenda information and minutes and attend meetings. Assists to identify and coordinate all technical input from staff for codes and standards related projects.
- Product Development – Collaborates with and assists senior staff with compilation of information and review for product development activities with respect to issues raised during Council work.
- Technical Services – Provides basic technical services in support of internal and external association activities within the Standards Administration and Standards Council subject areas to support consistency and customer service for internal and external customers; ensures consistency with NFPA positions.
- Cross functional activities – Participates in related association cross functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet association goals.
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned.
- Budgetary Criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects.
This job requires a bachelors degree in engineering; the ability to prepare correspondence, data and presentation materials using Microsoft Office. 0 – 3 years experience.
Interested? Apply today!