On November 7th and 8th, NFPA and the Fire Protection Research Foundation will host a symposium on fire safety and sustainable building design. The event will take place in Chicago and will feature three sessions with presentations from architects, engineers, the sustainability community, and research institutions.
- Major trends in sustainable design of office/commercial/high-rise buildings
- Impact of new ‘sustainable’ materials on the fire load of buildings
- Natural ventilation and smoke control
- Performance-based options for achieving sustainable goals
- Green building certification schemes for the future
The goal of this event is to bring the fire protection and architectural communities together to discuss these topics and share ideas and best practices for sustainable fire safe design. Register now!
Best Practices Showcase to be featured: The Symposium Program Committee invites interested parties to submit one-page abstracts of recent successful case studies that illustrate how good design can innovatively achieve fire safety and sustainability goals. These case studies will be featured on the symposium website and highlighted at the event with rec ognition to submitters. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.