How is the fire protection industry addressing green construction and technology? Sign up to attend the Fire Protection Research Foundation's Fire Safety and Sustainabile Building Design Symposium and learn about some of the issues and solutions identified throughout the industry. The 2 day event will be held in Chicago on November 7th-8th at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown . We have some really great speakers lined up from RJA, UL, FM Global, ARUP, NIST, WPI, BRE and many more. Check out a few of the presentation topics:
- NIST Metrics and Tools for Sustainable Building Speaker: Barbara Lippiatt, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- The Integral Role of Fire Protection in Sustainability Speaker: Lou Gritzo, Vice President and Manager of Research, FM Global
- Safety Challenges of Green Buildings Speaker: Brian Meacham, Associate Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
- Is "performance-based" fire protection the best way to work towards sustainable building goals? Speaker: Ray Grill, Principal, Arup
- What are the developers of automatic sprinkler systems doing to support sustainability needs of building? Speaker: Russ Fleming, President, National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
Learn more about the symposium and schedule HERE. You can earn 1.0 CEUs (10 hours). Hope to see you there!