The NFPA Standards Council acted on the issuance of the Annual 2013 documents along with considering several appeals at its July 29-31, 2013 meeting.
Some of the NFPA Standards Council decisions have been issued and include the following:
- NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water- Based Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA 58, Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code
- NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (Decision on Agenda Item 13-8-3-d, D#13-10)
- NFPA 130, Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems
- NFPA 502, Standard for Road Tunnels, Bridges, and Other Limited Access
- NFPA 1061, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Public Safety Telecommunications Personnel
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.