At its October 2013 meeting, the NFPA Standards Council considered the issuance of several proposed Tentative Interim Amendments (TIA). The following TIAs on NFPA 58, NFPA 70, NFPA 101, NFPA 1006, and NFPA 1403 were issued by the Council on October 22, 2013:
- NFPA 58, TIA 14-3, referencing sections 5.7.4, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206
- NFPA 70, TIA 14-2, referencing Article 445.20
- NFPA 101, TIA 12-3, referencing Table 220.127.116.11
- NFPA 101, TIA 12-4, referencing section 18.104.22.168.5.2
- NFPA 1006, TIA 13-1, referencing sections 7.1, 8.1, 9.1 10.1, 16.1, 17.1.1, 18.1, and A.6.1.
- NFPA 1403, TIA 12-1, referencing section 4.16
Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs) are amendments to an NFPA document processed in accordance with Section 5 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards (Regulations Governing Committee Projects).They have not gone through the entire standards development process of being published in a First Draft Report (formerly ROP) and Second Draft Report (formerly ROC) for review and comment. TIAs are effective only between editions of the document. A TIA automatically becomes a public input (formerly proposal) for the next edition of the document, as such is then subject to all of the procedures of the standards development process. TIAs are published in NFPA News, NFCSS, and any further distribution of the document after being issued by the Standards Council.