In alignment with NFPA’s new online submission system and revised standards development process, attendees at this year's NFPA Technical Meeting (Tech Session) are now able to access a complete electronic version of the Tech Session Agenda and First and Second Draft Reports of the NFPA Standards that will be addressed at the Tech Session.
Since this year’s Tech Session will address standards that have been processed through the revised standards development process, you are encouraged to attend the Standards Forum on Tuesday, June 10 at 1:30 p.m., where the new Tech Session process will be reviewed.
NFPA will be providing wireless internet access during the Tech Session so attendees have the option of downloading the agenda prior to or during the Tech Session at: http://www.nfpa.org/techsession. Other documentation such as First Draft Reports and Second Draft Reports can be viewed on the Next edition tab of each specific document information page. The links for the 12 specific NFPA Standards are listed below for your convenience.
• Download the agenda for this year’s Tech Session. (PDF, 1 MB)
The Tech Session is an important step in developing a complete record to assist the Standards Council in determining the degree of consensus achieved on proposed changes to NFPA documents. During this meeting, NFPA members are given an opportunity to vote on proposed changes and members of the public can voice their opinions on these actions.
The 2014 Tech Session will held on June 11-12 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Only NFPA members of record as of December 13, 2013 who are currently in good standing are eligible to vote.
Wednesday, June 11, starting at 2:00 p.m.
Internal Combustion Engines
• NFPA 37, Standard for the Installation and Use of Stationary Combustion Engines and Gas Turbines
Water Mist Fire Suppression Systems
• NFPA 750, Standard on Water Mist Fire Protection Systems
• NFPA 731, Standard for the Installation of Electronic Premises Security Systems
• NFPA 1192, Standard on Recreational Vehicles
Thursday, June 12, starting at 8:00 a.m.
Carbon Monoxide Detection
• NFPA 720, Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection and Warning Equipment
LP-Gases at Utility Gas Plants
• NFPA 59, Utility LP-Gas Plant Code
National Fuel Gas Code
• NFPA 54, National Fuel Gas Code
Electrical Safety in the Workplace
• NFPA 70E® , Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®
Health Care Facilities
• NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code
Structures, Construction, and Materials
• NFPA 703, Standard for Fire Retardant—Treated Wood and Fire–Retardant Coatings for Building Materials
Safety to Life
• NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code®
• NFPA 5000®, Building Construction and Safety Code®