The NFPA Standards Council acted on the issuance of documents in the Annual 2014 revision cycle and considered several appeals at its August 11-14, 2014 meeting.
The NFPA Standards Council decisions have been issued and include the following:
- NFPA 54, National Fuel Gas Code
Decision on Standards Council Agenda Item 14-8-2-a-1
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code®
Decisions on Standards Council Agenda Items 14-8-4-d and f
- NFPA 720, Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection and Warning Equipment
Decision on Standards Council Agenda Item 14-8-57-a
- TIA No. 1133 on NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code®
Decision on Standards Council Agenda Item 14-8-15-d
- TIAs on NFPA 1, NFPA 10, NFPA 101, NFPA 102, NFPA 400, and NFPA 5000
Decision on Standards Council Agenda Items 14-8-9,10, 25, 26,27,29, 35, 36,37,38 and 39
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code
Short Decision on Standards Council Agenda Item 14-8-4-c
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.