The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on October 28-29, 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- appeal on a proposed TIA to NFPA 70
- issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 70, 400, 1851, 1951, and 1971
- new projects/documents on hybrid, gas, and fire water droplet systems; fire-based community healthcare provider (FBCHP) program.
- consider a request from the Committee to enter new document, NFPA 1986, Standard on Respiratory Protection Equipment for Technical and Tactical Operations, into revision cycle.
- Consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.