The NFPA, as we do every year, mailed out our Fire Experience survey to fire departments across the country. This survey directly contributes to the following NFPA reports:
- Fire Loss in the United States
- U.S. Fire Department Profile
- U.S. Firefighter Injuries
- An Analysis of Volunteer Firefighter injuries
In addition, the survey results enable the NFPA, USFA and CPSC to develop national estimates for fire causes based on the annual National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) data.
To help motivate everyone to complete their surveys on time this year, we held a drawing where all Fire Departments that submitted a completed Fire Service Experience Form before April 15, 2015 were eligible for one of eight 32 GB Wi-Fi IPAD Airs and their choice of one of NFPA’s Public Fire Protection Standards!
Winners have been randomly chosen and are:
- Little Miami department, Cincinnati, OH
- Hamilton department, Hamilton, MA
- Somers department, Somers, MT
- Philadelphia department, Philadelphia, NY
- Cumberland department, Cumberland, WI
- Pittsboro department, Pittsboro, IN
- Bolingbrook department, Bolinbrook, IL
- Cascade Rural Fire District, Cascade, ID
Congratulations to all of our winners, NFPA staff will be in contact this week.
There is still time to submit your survey if you have not yet done so! Please continue to return surveys through May 15th. FYI, there is now also an electronic version of this survey that can be filled out on-line. If you would like to use this electronic option go to:www.nfpa.org/FEsurvey2014 or email us at email@example.com stating that you would like to use this option. When responding to the survey on-line, please use the Fire Department identification number that you’ll find on the top line of the address label on the paper survey.