At its April 2015 meeting, the NFPA Standards Council considered the issuance of several proposed Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs). The following TIAs were issued by the Council on April 7, 2015:
- NFPA 1, TIA 15-2, referencing various sections
- NFPA 58, TIA 14-4, referencing 188.8.131.52 and 6.4.3
- NFPA 70, TIA 14-8, referencing 625.17(B)
- NFPA 101A, TIA 13-1, referencing worksheet 7.5.4.A
- NFPA 400, TIA 13-3, referencing Table 184.108.40.206.3 and 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168.1
Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs) are amendments to an NFPA document processed in accordance with Section 5 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards (Regulations Governing Committee Projects).They have not gone through the entire standards development process of being published in a First Draft Report and Second Draft Report for review and comment. TIAs are effective only between editions of the document. A TIA automatically becomes a public input for the next edition of the document, as such is then subject to all of the procedures of the standards development process. TIAs are published in NFPA News, NFCSS, and any further distribution of the document after being issued by the Standards Council.