Do you want to make a difference? We have a great opportunity for a Senior Communications Manager to manage the public relations activities for the Association. This person will be responsible for developing communication strategies and providing communications support to expand the influence of the National Fire Protection Association.
Principle responsibilities also include;
- Develops and implements short- and long-term public relations activities, strategies and programs for NFPA.
- Actively participates in media relations, including strategic planning, targeted pitching and relationship building within numerous media contact groups.
- Advises and supports outside professional consultants and manages external consultant contracts.
- Identifies potential for and feasibility for new publicity campaigns and partnerships to promote NFPA messages and activities.
- Researches and writes news releases, articles, remarks and other content marketing materials.
- Offers counsel and support to staff of other divisions in planning and developing new public awareness tools and campaigns.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional teams to support communication goals of the association.
- Manages social media manager and two project managers.
If you think you might be a good fit for this position (located in the Quincy, MA NFPA headquarters) read a bit more about the qualifications and apply online today!