The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on August 17-19, 2015 at the Marriott in Quincy, Massachusetts. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- appeals on NFPA 13, NFPA 24, NFPA 33, NFPA 72, NFPA 111, NFPA 520, NFPA 1901
- issuance of the Annual 2015 documents with Certified Amending Motions
- issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 2, NFPA 13, NFPA 33, NFPA 59A, NFPA 72, NFPA 111, NFPA 1221, NFPA 1917, NFPA 1971
- new projects/documents on fire control of structures based upon fire dynamics; aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF) response to incidents/accidents at public air shows; competencies for responders to incidents of flammable liquids in transport-high hazard flammable trains; emergency medical services officer; hazardous waste disposal; combination unit respirators that include one or more air-supplying and air-purifying types of respirators in one product.
- consider a request from the Signaling Systems Correlating Committee to relocate material in NFPA 720 to NFPA 72.
- consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.