NFPA Standards in the Fall 2017 revision cycle are accepting Public Input through NFPA's online submission system.
To submit Public Input using the online system, select the Standard from the list of NFPA codes and standards or search for any document available for public input using the search feature in the gray box. Once on the specific document information page, select "The next edition of this standard is now open for Public Input (formerly proposals)" to begin the process. The system shows any changes made by the submitter in legislative text. You have the option of submitting the input right away or saving it for later completion before the closing date.
We are here to assist! If you have any questions when using the online submission system, feel free to contact us by email or call 617-984-7242.
Some of the Fall 2017 revision cycle documents:
- NFPA 12, Standard on Carbon Dioxide Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA 33, Standard for Spray Application Using Flammable or Combustible Materials
- NFPA 79, Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery
- NFPA 92, Standard for Smoke Control Systems
- NFPA 241, Standard for Safeguarding Construction, Alteration, and Demolition Operations
- NFPA 259, Standard Test Method for Potential Heat of Building Materials
- NFPA 495, Explosive Materials Code
- NFPA 505, Fire Safety Standard for Powered Industrial Trucks Including Type Designations, Areas of Use, Conversions, Maintenance, and Operations
- NFPA 705, Recommended Practice for a Field Flame Test for Textiles and Films
- NFPA 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications
- NFPA 1451, Standard for a Fire and Emergency Service Vehicle Operations Training Program
- NFPA 1925, Standard on Marine Fire-Fighting Vessels
- NFPA 1962, Standard for the Care, Use, Inspection, Service Testing, and Replacement of Fire Hose, Couplings, Nozzles, and Fire Hose Appliances
- NFPA 1981, Standard on Open-Circuit Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) for Emergency Services
- NFPA 2001, Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
The deadline for online submissions of public input for the Fall 2017 documents is January 7, 2016.
Public input is a suggested revision to a proposed new or existing NFPA Standard submitted during the Input stage in accordance with Section 4.3 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards.