The NFPA Standards Council acted on the issuance of documents in the Annual 2015 revision cycle and considered several appeals at its August 17-19, 2015 meeting.
The NFPA Standards Council final decisions have been issued and include the following:
- NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, Agenda item 15-8-2-b
- NFPA 24, Standard for the Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances, Agenda item 15-8-4-a
- NFPA 33, Standard for Spray Application Using Flammable or Combustible Materials, Agenda item 15-8-5-a and b
- NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, Agenda item 15-8-6-b
- NFPA 111, Standard on Electrical Energy Emergency and Standby Power Systems, Agenda item 15-8-23-d
- NFPA 520, Standard on Subterranean Spaces, Agenda item 15-8-7-a
- NFPA 1901, Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus, Agenda item 15-8-10-b
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.