The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on December 8-9, 2015 in Charleston, South Carolina. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- an appeal on a proposed TIA to NFPA 85
- the issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 30B, NFPA 55, NFPA 59A, NFPA 80, NFPA 85, NFPA 105, and NFPA 5000
- consideration of requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules, committee scopes, and committee titles
- approval of Fall 2017 and Annual 2018 revision cycle schedules
- action on pending applications for committee memberships
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.