At its December 2015 meeting, the NFPA Standards Council considered the issuance of several proposed Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs). The following TIAs were issued by the Council on December 8, 2015:
- NFPA 30B, TIA 15-2, referencing 3.3.2 Aerosol Container
- NFPA 55, TIA 16-1, referencing 1.1.1
- NFPA 59A, TIA 16-1, referencing various sections
- NFPA 80, TIA 16-1, referencing 19.4.4, 19.4.6, 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- NFPA 105, TIA 16-1, referencing 7.5.4, 7.5.5
- NFPA 5000, TIA 15-7, referencing 220.127.116.11.5(5)
Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs) are amendments to an NFPA document processed in accordance with Section 5 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards (Regulations Governing Committee Projects).They have not gone through the entire standards development process of being published in a First Draft Report and Second Draft Report for review and comment. TIAs are effective only between editions of the document. A TIA automatically becomes a public input for the next edition of the document, as such is then subject to all of the procedures of the standards development process. TIAs are published in NFPA News, NFCSS, and any further distribution of the document after being issued by the Standards Council.