The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on April 5-6, 2016 in Bonita Springs, Florida. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- an appeal on a proposed TIA to NFPA 780
- the issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 20, NFPA 30B, NFPA 52, NFPA 55, NFPA 68, NFPA 69, NFPA 400, NFPA 409, NFPA 664, NFPA 780, and NFPA 1977
- new projects/documents on hanging and bracing of water-based fire protection systems; low pressure dispensing containers (LPDC); marijuana growing and processing facilities; and stationary energy storage systems.
- consideration of requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules, committee scopes, and committee titles
- action on pending applications for committee memberships
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.