- Access alerts and warnings. You can download the FEMA mobile app, which delivers severe weather alerts for up to five locations across the U.S.
- Assemble or update supplies
- With your neighbors, plan to help each other and share resources
- Create and test your emergency communications plans
Leading up to and directly after National PrepareAthon! Day, FEMA will be promoting hazard-specific weeks and provide tools and resources you can use to help prepare for these natural disasters. Check out the hazards and the assigned week below:
- April 10 – 16: Flood Awareness Week
- April 17 – 23: Tornado Awareness Week
- April 24 – 30: Lead up to National PrepareAthon! Day
- May 1 – 7: Wildfire Awareness Week and lead up to NFPA’s national Wildfire Community Preparedness Day (May 7)
- May 15 – 21: Hurricane Awareness Week
- May 22 – 28: Extreme Heat Week
Start organizing today and participate in April and May no matter what hazard you’re most at risk for in your area. Find out where preparedness events are happening in your area, connect with other communities, find customizable resources, and add your own activities to the PrepareAthon activity map to demonstrate how you are taking action to prepare.
Get all this and more at ready.gov/prepare.
Then stay tuned for more information from FEMA about Wildfire Awareness Week starting May 1 and NFPA’s Community Wildfire Preparedness Day on May 7! For those considering wildfire projects, you'll see just how easy it is to apply your PrepareAthon! project to the Prep Day event! Can't wait to hear what you have planned!