The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), Metropolitan Fire Chiefs (Metro Chiefs), National State Fire Marshals (NASFM), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) and the United States Fire Administration (USFA) join together to condemn the tragic events in Dallas, Texas that took the lives of five career police officers.
As fire service leaders, first responders, and EMS professionals, we understand the pain in our communities and stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in law enforcement. The attack in Dallas, along with recent incidents elsewhere across the country, prompts us to remind our brethren to take caution.
We encourage all first responders to refer to these resources that address the issue of civil unrest, active shooting incidents, and body armor basics for first responders. Six of the documents are downloadable and two are available via hyperlinks.
- DHS and FBI Countering Violent Extremism and Active Shooter
- Fire and EMS Operations During Periods of Civil Unrest
- IAFC Active Shooter and Complex Event Resource
- Metro Chiefs Position Statement on Active Shooter
- Metro Chiefs Presentation on Active Shooter Response
- Metro Chiefs Presentation on Southern Nevada Hostile Fire MCI Response Policy
- Metro Chiefs Presentation on Selecting Ballistic Vests for the Fire Service
- Responder Forum Work Group Presentation on Civil Unrest