The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on August 3-5, 2016 at NFPA Headquarters in Quincy, Massachusetts. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- appeals on NFPA 25, NFPA 70, NFPA 75
- the issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 2, NFPA 13, NFPA 25, NFPA 36, NFPA 70, NFPA 101, NFPA 1901, 1906, and NFPA 5000
- new projects/documents on emergency responder robotics (including Unmanned Aerial Systems, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, and other robotics utilized in emergency responder applications); and community risk assessment and reduction;
- consideration of requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules, committee scopes, and committee titles
- action on pending applications for committee memberships
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.