Get your free 2-day trial of NEC Online for instant access to updates in NFPA’s National Electrical Code!
As a professional in the electrical industry, you don’t have to look much further than code requirements to know how dynamic this industry is. In fact, the three most recent editions of NFPA 70: National Electrical Code (NEC) has seen more than 10 new articles and hundreds of changes that reflect emerging technologies and advancements in electrical and fire safety.
That’s why as the 2017 NEC edition rolls out this fall, NFPA has developed a new resource, NEC Online, to provide electrical professionals a focused view of what's changed over nearly a decade of important NEC advancements. Why is this important? For one, looking back at previous editions allows you to see the evolution of the code. But even more importantly, as you know, not all states or jurisdictions have adopted the newest code edition.
For instance, if you are a contractor working in multiple states, you’ll need to have access to previous codes; the one that particular state has adopted. NEC Online gives you that flexibility and the assurance that you have what you need to get the project done right, and to code.
So whether you work in the office or onsite, on residential, commercial, industrial design installations or inspection projects, NEC Online can help make your job easier. Take a look at some of the other benefits:
- Navigate and search instantly the 2017, 2014, and 2011 editions of NFPA 70: NEC
- Identify code changes from edition to edition. You'll know what's new, deleted, or revised!
- Understand key code revisions by using the change summaries provided by NFPA experts
- View from any device, including smartphones and online tablets, or download PDFs for offline viewing
- Share important NEC content with colleagues via email
- Print or bookmark NEC sections for quick reference down the road