The NFPA Standards Council met on November 30-December 1, 2016 in San Diego, CA. At the meeting, some of the following items were addressed by the Council:
- act on the issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 13, 52, 70, 99, 1125, 1616, 1982
- consider an appeal regarding membership on the NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, Technical Committee on Supervising Station Fire Alarm and Signaling Systems
- review new projects/documents on driver training simulators used by fire service personnel during emergency vehicle driver training; and discuss fire and emergency service operational standard for the response to active shooter events and incidents.
- consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes.
- approve the Annual 2019 revision cycle schedule for NFPA 70, National Electrical Code.
Also, the Council issued a Final Decision regarding membership on the NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, Technical Committee on Supervising Station Fire Alarm and Signaling Systems (Agenda Item 16-11-17-g)
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.