As an electrical industry professional, following the NFPA 70: National Electrical Code (NEC) protects communities - people and property - from electrical hazards, and helps build a safer world. NFPA offers a convenient way to access the 2017 NEC when you’re out in the field.
The 2017 NEC includes hundreds of updates along with five brand new articles. The latest edition of the code paves the way for safer electrical installations. The 2017 NEC app, available for both Apple and Android devices, not only gives you the flexibility and ease you want on the job, it has a number of new features that you, our partners in electrical safety, have asked for.
The features include:
- A robust search capability that allows you to search keywords or NEC article, and highlights your results
- The ability to browse through the Table of Contents and easily access a chapter and subchapters
- Scrolling capabilities that let you move easily from one section to another
- Internal links between sections
- The ability to zoom in for easy viewing of tables and figures
And that’s not all. You also asked us to identify changes from the 2014 NEC. The 2017 NEC app also shows you:
- Code changes indicated with gray shading
- New sections, tables and figures highlighted with a “bold, italic “N” in a gray box to the left of new material
- An “N” next to the title of an entirely new article
- Where text has been deleted (indicated by a bullet (•) between the paragraphs that remain)
But don’t take our word for it. An NEC app user recently told us, “The iOS version is the handiest form to access the National Electrical Code when a print copy is not at-hand … what with its very robust search features. It's the version I use the most.”