The NFPA Standards Council met on April 4-5, 2017 in Naples, FL. At the meeting, some of the items below were addressed by the Council:
- act on the issuance of a proposed TIA on NFPA 70
- review new projects/documents on preparedness and response to active shooter scenarios and incidents; and electrical inspector professional qualifications
- consider a request from the Committee to enter NFPA 1082, Standard for Facilities Safety Directory Professional Qualifications, into the Annual 2019 revision cycle
- consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes
- act on pending applications for committee membership
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.