This year's NFPA Technical Meeting (Tech Session) will be held at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston, MA, on June 7, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. in the BCEC Ballrooms. NFPA will be providing wireless internet access during the Tech Session so attendees have the option of downloading the agenda prior to or during the Tech Session. Also, documentation such as First Draft Reports and Second Draft Reports can be viewed on the Next edition tab of each specific document information page.
• Download the agenda for this year’s Tech Session in Boston.
The Tech Session is an important step in developing a complete record to assist the Standards Council in determining the degree of consensus achieved on proposed changes to NFPA Standards. During this meeting, NFPA members are given an opportunity to vote on proposed changes and members of the public can voice their opinions on these actions. Only NFPA members of record as of December 9, 2016 who are currently in good standing are eligible to vote at this meeting.
Following is the order of the NFPA documents to be presented for action in Boston:
- NFPA 37, Standard for the Installation and Use of Stationary Combustion Engines and Gas Turbine
- NFPA 54, National Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 59, Utility LP-Gas Plant Code
- NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code
- NFPA 1144, Standard for Reducing Structure Ignition Hazards from Wildland Fire
- NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions
- NFPA 1951, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Technical Rescue Incidents
- NFPA 2112, Standard on Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire
- NFPA 285, Standard Fire Test Method for Evaluation of Fire Propagation Characteristics of Exterior Non-Load-Bearing Wall Assemblies Containing Combustible Components
- NFPA 730, Guide for Premises Security
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code®
- NFPA 5000, Building Construction and Safety Code®
- NFPA 1, Fire Code