During the NFPA Technical Meeting (Tech Session) held on Wednesday, June 7, 2017, thirteen NFPA Standards were presented for floor action to the NFPA membership.
- NFPA 37, Standard for the Installation and Use of Stationary Combustion Engines and Gas Turbines
- NFPA 54, National Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 59, Utility LP-Gas Plant Code
- NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code
- NFPA 1144, Standard for Reducing Structure Ignition Hazards from Wildland Fire
- NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions
- NFPA 1951, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Technical Rescue Incidents
- NFPA 2112, Standard on Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire
- NFPA 285, Standard Fire Test Method for Evaluation of Fire Propagation Characteristics of Exterior Non-Load-Bearing Wall Assemblies Containing Combustible Components
- NFPA 730, Guide for Premises Security
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code®
- NFPA 5000, Building Construction and Safety Code®
- NFPA 1, Fire Code
Any appeal based upon Technical Meeting actions, must be filed with the Standards Council by June 27, 2017 (20 days following the adjournment of the Technical Meeting). An appeal for any amendment passed at this meeting which fails Technical Committee ballot, shall be filed no later than five (5) days after publication of the Technical Committee ballot results in accordance with Section 4.2.6 of the Regulations. Typically, results of amendment ballots are published within 20 days of the Technical Meeting adjournment.
The Standards Council’s decision on issuance is based upon the entire record before it, including the discussion and resulting votes at the Technical Meeting. The Standards Council will meet on August 15-17, 2017 to make those decisions.