NFPA has released a free 1st Responder Connection App for firefighters, EMS, command staff, wildland fire personnel, public educators and AHJs that offers in-the-palm-of-your-hand access to best practices, safety tips, and relevant emergency response content.
Conversations with fire leaders and first responders over the past year consistently pointed to the need for easy digital access, via smartphone devices, to NFPA resources, interactive tools, and training that will help stakeholders stay current in their roles. The NFPA 1st Responder Connection App covers topics including:
• Emerging issues – energy storage, alternative fuel vehicles and civil unrest
• Public and worker safety – new fire hazards and confined space
• Firefighter occupational health and wellness – contamination, cancer and cardiac issues
• Firefighting technology and data – unmanned aerial systems, smart cities, biometrics and fire department tools
• Educational tools – safety bulletins, tip sheets, training and at-risk audience engagement
• Wildfire prevention and response – community mitigation, home ignition zone and trends
• Standards and research – code enforcement, guidelines and reports
The NFPA 1st Responder Connection App puts prevention, education and response tools in the hands of emergency responders so that they can continue to perform at a high level and meet the changing needs of society. Much like the industry it serves, the NFPA 1st Responder Connection App will continue to evolve and address new fire problems, hazards and solutions.