If you've played the NEC Challenge App, then you have answered the questions, competed against electrical code fanatics from around the country and improved your NEC knowledge. But do you have what it takes to come up with the actual questions for the Challenge? If so, NFPA has a way for you to join in its creation. If you can send an email; you can be participate!
How? It's easy. Just submit your questions to NECChallengeQs@nfpa.org. Questions should be submitted in a word document attached to the email, and they must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Multiple choice with four (4) options
- Word document must contain the question, choices, and the correct answer
- Only one correct answer choice (no "pick all that apply")
- Answer should include a brief explanation (2-3 sentences)
- General knowledge categories are best
- Questions that involve calculations are not a good idea
Keep in mind that selected questions will be entered in the NEC Challenge App game and contestants only have a limited time to answer. Also, this is not the place to submit questions for NFPA technical experts; these questions are best handled by calling 1-800-344-3555 and submitting your question through NFPA's technical question service. Please note that the technical question service is available to NFPA members and AHJs.
So what are you waiting for? Get your questions in today and be part of the NEC Challenge!