The 2018 edition of 70E is now available and NFPA developed a short five-part video series featuring NFPA technical experts, Chris Coache, senior electrical engineer, and Derek Vigstol, electrical technical lead, who explain some of the key changes. The topics discussed in the series include:
- Article 110.1(H) – Risk Assessment Procedure
- Article 120 – How to Establish an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Table 130.5(C) – Estimate of the Likelihood of Occurrence of an Arc Flash Incident
- Table 130.5(G) – Selection of Arc-Rated Clothing Using Incident Energy Analysis Method
- Standards for Personal Protective Equipment
Learn how these changes to the code reflect new technologies, knowledge and safety advancements in the industry, and how they relate to the job you do. If you missed any of the videos, find the full series online. At NFPA our goal is to provide you with everything you need to take your electrical safety skills to the next level. This series and additional resources related to 70E including articles, a blog series, fact sheet, 2018 online training, products and more, can be found at www.nfpa.org/70E.