The NFPA Headquarters in Quincy, Massachusetts welcomes many visitors from all over the world. In the main lobby resides a beautiful antique fire engine that always attracts attention.
This hand-pump fire engine was built by the Hunneman Company (started by one of Paul Revere’s apprentices) for the Houghs Neck Fire Station in Quincy, Massachusetts. It was delivered on July 16, 1844.
Hunneman No. 244 “Granite” No.2 at NFPA Headquarters in Quincy, MA
The town of Quincy donated the engine to the National Fire Protection Association in 1981, when the organization made Quincy its new home.
The NFPA Archives houses all of NFPA's publications, both current and historic.
Library staff are available to answer research questions from members and the general public.