At its April 2019 meeting, the NFPA Standards Council considered the issuance of several proposed Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs). The following six TIAs on NFPA NFPA 31, NFPA 58, NFPA 130, NFPA 291, and NFPA 1994 were issued by the Council on April 5, 2019:
- NFPA 31, TIA 16-2, referencing 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168(new), 2016 edition
- NFPA 58, TIA 17-3, referencing 6.4.3, 2017 edition
- NFPA 130, TIA 17-2, referencing A.22.214.171.124, 2017 edition
- NFPA 291, TIA 19-2, referencing Table 4.10.1(b), 2019 edition
- NFPA 1994, TIA 18-13, referencing Table 5.3.2(a), 126.96.36.199.1(new), 188.8.131.52.1(new), 184.108.40.206.1(new), 220.127.116.11.1(new), 18.104.22.168.1(new), 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199.1(new), 188.8.131.52, 8.20, and 8.34(new), 2018 edition
- NFPA 1994, TIA 18-14, referencing 184.108.40.206(1), 8.29.5, and 220.127.116.11, 2018 edition
Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs) are amendments to an NFPA Standard processed in accordance with Section 5 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards. They have not gone through the entire standards development process of being published in a First Draft Report and Second Draft Report for review and comment. TIAs are effective only between editions of the Standard. A TIA automatically becomes a public input for the next edition of the Standard, as such is then subject to all of the procedures of the standards development process. TIAs are published in NFPA News, NFCSS, and any further distribution of the Standard after being issued by the Standards Council.