The NFPA Standards Council considered the issuance of proposed Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs) on NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems; NFPA 14, Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems; NFPA 24, Standard for the Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances, NFPA 400, Hazardous Materials Code; and NFPA 1981, Standard on Open-Circuit Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) for Emergency Services.
The following TIAs were issued by the Council on July 17, 2019:
- NFPA 13, TIA 19-3, referencing Table 22.5, 2019 edition
- NFPA 14, TIA 19-1, referencing 13.10 and Chapter 14 (new), 2019 edition
- NFPA 24, TIA 19-1, referencing 2.3.1, 2.3.2, and Table 10.2.1.1, 2019 edition
- NFPA 400, TIA 19-1, referencing Table 5.3.7, 2019 edition
- NFPA 1981, TIA 19-1, referencing 2.3.1, 2019 edition
Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs) are amendments to an NFPA Standard processed in accordance with Section 5 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards. They have not gone through the entire standards development process of being published in a First Draft Report and Second Draft Report for review and comment. TIAs are effective only between editions of the Standard. A TIA automatically becomes a public input for the next edition of the Standard, as such is then subject to all of the procedures of the standards development process. TIAs are published in NFPA News, NFCSS, and any further distribution of the Standard after being issued by the Standards Council.