• Standby Generator Wiring

This is in reference to NFPA 110 Emergency and Standby Power Systems.  7.12.3 states:    If the conduit's point of attachment to the EPS in on the forcing function side of the EPS vibration isolation s...
    garrys917
    last modified by garrys917
  • mounted fuel tank

hi everybody  i hope you are all ok.... In NFPA-110 chapter 3 in the general definitions, it is mentioned that: 3.3.7.3 Integral fuel tank in EPS systems: Afuel tank furnished by the EPS supplier and mounted o...
    alonazay
    created by alonazay
  • Lightning protection from tower NFPA 70 artcle 250.60 & 106 and NFPA 780

Lightning protection systems NFPA 780 and NFPA 70 article 250.60 and 250.106   I have a design with has multiple towers on these towers the manufacturer has lighting strike protection, the tower is aluminum they...
    c.valvo
    last modified by c.valvo
  • Data cable in PVC in schools

Can low voltage wire, such as data cable be ran through sch. 40 PVC (for aesthetic reason, using it as a cable run) in a non suppressed school building. There was concern with the PVC giving off toxic fumes if su...
    robert.wight
    last modified by robert.wight
  • What Is Wrong With This Genset?

david.pfau
    last modified by david.pfau
  • Electric Griddle info.

Hello, my company is promoting a function and we have 4 electric griddles similar to the George foreman type.  I was trying to find information on what gage extension cords are needed spanning a length of 75-100 ...
    troy.cornett
    last modified by troy.cornett
  • Emergency Lighting

Hello,   Are emergency lighting fixtures required to be painted a certain color(red) when installed in industrial facility? Is there an NFPA code requirement for this?   Thanks, EE
    stepandmit
    last modified by stepandmit
  • CAN I USE GND EARTH INSTEAD OF NEUTRAL

Hi All,   I am making a 3 Phase power meter using a MICROCHIP IC ATM90E36A. They recommend to use neutral wire as a GND reference to measure voltages at 3 hot legs but in my loads (Air Conditioners) there is no ...
    arshdeep
    last modified by arshdeep
  • What would be the proper wire size?

I have a feeder circuit - power coming into a terminal block rated for 175A then wired to a 50A contactor to a compressor with an RLA of 28.8A.  The terminal block states 75C wire and the compressor states use mi...
    matthew@haskris.com
    last modified by matthew@haskris.com
  • Emergency lighting fixtures

Dear sir/Madam, Subject: Emergency lighting fixtures I have a Question for NFPA to clarify :  1. Are all lighting fixtures (luminaries) used for emergency lighting required to be listed? 2. Does that includ...
    trammf
    last modified by trammf
  • Schoolyard Hazard

What's wrong here?
    nec.consultant
    last modified by nec.consultant
  • Commercial System Inspector

Cennox is a nationwide corporation looking for a  Commercial Systems Inspector.   Part- Time in the Cleveland,OH; North Dayton, OH;  Full- Time in Richmond, VA;  Norfolk, VA; St. Louis, MO 
    michelle.dyer
    created by michelle.dyer
  • Remote Stop Switch (Physical button or Screen button)?

Good evening all!    NFPA 110, Article 5.6.5.6 mentions that a remote stop switch is necessary for generators.  Does anyone know if this switch has to be a physical one or can it be an electronic one?&...
    cakloiber
    last modified by cakloiber
  • NEC 700.10 wiring method in boarding home.

Hello, the question I have been tasked in answering is, could NMB cable qualify as an approved wiring method on the emergency system side? The facility is a boarding home, single level, less than 100 p...
    evaj235
    last modified by evaj235
  • Main Lug Only Panel Fed From a Delta/Wye Transformer

I am working in a project for a Utility Substation and I came across a question that perhaps someone in here could help me with.  I am aware that utilities don't have to abide by the NEC-NFPA70 per 90.2.   ...
    rafis
    last modified by rafis
  • Energization of Electrical Equipment On a Set Time Schedule

Some years ago a worker was completing work on a de-energized transformer.  He was electrocuted before he finished his work.  Very sad incident.   The investigation revealed that the worker tr...
    tvanhooser
    last modified by tvanhooser
  • Generator Remote Manual Stop Station

I'm looking for an interpretation of what is intended for a "remote manual stop station" in accordance with NFPA110-2010 5.6.5.6?  "All installations shall have a remote manual stop station of a type to...
    jsmith2
    last modified by jsmith2
  • Definition Of Unit Equipment

Hello, I'm reading 2016 NFPA 111 and it states that "unit equipment" is excluded from this standard. I know that "bug lights" are considered unit equipment.  I want to know about the smaller inverters that you fi...
    dpatton
    last modified by dpatton
  • NFPA 99 (6.2.2.6.1 )Clarification Required

With refer to NFPA 99 Older versions Ref  6.4.2.2.6 Wiring Requirements   6.4.2.2.6.1 Separation from other circuits .The life safety branch and critical branch shall be kept independent of all other wiring...
    vijay.r1986
    last modified by vijay.r1986
  • Level 1& 2 vs. Type 1 &2 EES

Are level 1 & level 2 EES's referred to in NFPA 110 the same thing as a type 1 & type 2 EES's in NFPA 99?  I guess I'm asking if the terms "Level" and "Type" are interchangeable.   Thanks...
    scampbell
    last modified by scampbell